Thursday, October 4, 2012

Energy from floating algae pods: NEXT BIG THING?


Offshore Membrane Enclosures for Growing Algae (OMEGA). Could this be the next big thing in integrated biofuel and alternative energy for the U.S.?

Call it "fuel without fossils": Jonathan Trent is working on a plan to grow new biofuel by farming micro-algae in floating offshore pods that eat wastewater from cities. Hear his team's bold vision for Project OMEGA (Offshore Membrane Enclosures for Growing Algae) and how it might power the future.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wondering what kind of floating algae is it because I've known a lot of types of algae. However, if this is organic chlorella then I would love to know if this can really provide alternative energy. It is giving me a lot of health benefits right now which includes detoxification property that's why I love this super green algae.

    ReplyDelete